Becky Kelly, Vicky Hope and the entire coordinating team, have asked us to pass on the following message…
“A huge thank you to everyone who has donated, helped and supported us so far. We’ve had an amazing response and are truly staggered by your generosity.
Moving forward, we are planning to:
DONATIONS: We are PAUSING donations so we can prepare, pack and transport those items that we’ve already received.
This is with the exception of the following:
- Maternity clothes
- Nursing aids e.g. nursing bras and tops, nursing/breast pads, muslin cloths, nipple cream
- Women’s sanitary items
- Men’s toiletries e.g. shaving equipment, deodorant and wash
- Medication (unopened or new items only please – no prescription medication or items e.g. needles). We still need plasters and sterile gauze dressings (all sizes), sterile eye dressings, triangular bandages, crêpe rolled bandages, safety pins, disposable sterile gloves, tweezers, scissors, alcohol-free cleansing wipes, sticky tape, thermometers (preferably digital), skin rash cream (e.g. hydrocortisone), cream or spray to relieve insect bites and stings, burn cream, antiseptic cream, painkillers such as paracetamol (or infant paracetamol for children), aspirin (not to be given to children under 16), or ibuprofen, antihistamine cream or tablets, distilled water for cleaning wounds, eye wash and eye bath.
- Torches / camping lights
CONDITION OF ITEMS: People have been asking us what condition the donations need to be in. The easiest response is to say that items should be new or clean and in a good state – if you would wear or use it, then we think that’s a good guide.
NEXT STEPS: VOLUNTEERS AND CARS – If you can spare any time, we need volunteers from 10am in two places on Saturday 5th March…
- ALL SECURE STORAGE, SOUTHWELL (see attached photo for directions)- We will need people and cars to help carry boxes and donations from the lock-up area into waiting cars for dropping down to the C2000 Hall, Easton. Please note that the storage area is up two flights of stairs, so you’ll need good fitness levels. For those driving, fitness is not an issue as we can pack around you.
- C2000 HALL, EASTON – We will need people to help sort and pack donations. C2000 has been provided free of charge for the weekend, which is fantastic.
Again, massive thanks to all who have supported this effort to date. Portland you are, as always, amazing.”