Spring booster vaccines are aimed at protecting ‘at risk’ individuals only and the NHS will write to these individuals to remind them to get their booster.
At risk individuals include:
- Adults aged 75 years and over.
- Residents in care homes for older adults.
- Those aged 5 years and over who are immunosuppressed.
Carers who are fit and healthy will not be eligible for the booster themselves but they can support their cared for loved one to get theirs.
Boosters available for 10 weeks at:
- Portland Community Hospital, Castle Rd, Castletown, Portland DT5 1AX – alternate Saturdays, 9.00am to 5.30pm, from 22nd April.
- Linden Unit, Weymouth, Radipole Lane, DT4 0QE – Monday and Tuesdays, 8.00am to 4.30pm, 17th April.
- Melcombe Day Hospital, 3 Melcombe Ave, Weymouth DT4 7TB – alternate Wednesdays, 9.00am to 5.30pm, from 19th April.
Book online via the: National Booking Service. Alternatively, call 119.
For more information see GOV.UK website.
If any carers in your network have yet to receive their first or second COVID-19 jabs our sites across the county have bookable appointments available for these via the National Booking Service.
Image by: Gerd Altmann – Pixabay.