Island Community Action (ICA) is a local charity based on Portland, Dorset. Since 1999 we have been helping local communities through services and activities that achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Tackle deprivation and improve mental, physical and social wellbeing, including reducing isolation and loneliness
- Support people to live happier, healthier and more independent lives
- Increase life chances and quality of life through ‘hands on’ experiences, learning and training
- Support those wishing to volunteer or offer volunteer roles
- Inspire and support collaborative working
- Contribute towards local regeneration.
ICA works across Portland (population 12,844) and nearby Wyke Regis (population 5,571).