Grant funding provides just a proportion of the money ICA needs to run its activities and services. The rest is raised through our own local fundraising activities. It’s a big challenge and getting harder, but we exist to support our community so it’s vital we try.
Please help us do this by donating.
Every penny or hour you donate will make a real and positive difference. You could even see it as an investment in your future – helping ensure we are still here when you (or a loved one) needs that extra bit of support.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- One-off or regular donations – Made by cash, cheque, standing order or via Local Giving.
- Amazon Smile – Visit Amazon Smile and sign in with your regular details. Choose a charitable organisation (search for Island Community Action, Portland) and start shopping. Add a bookmark for Amazon Smile to make it easier each time you shop.
- Legacy gifts – Made via your will, these can range from direct donations instead of flowers at your funeral to a specified sum of money, a % of your entire estate or a particular item.
- Sponsorship – Business sponsors will be credited via our PR & Marketing.
- Do a sponsored fundraising event – From bake sales to marathons, there are hundreds of activities you could run or take part in to raise vital funds for ICA’s work.
- Donate prizes – From unwanted gifts to free experiences, trips and treatments, your donations can be used in our raffles and at our annual Auction of Promises (prizes must be in new / unused condition).
- Declutter – We welcome your old tech (mobile phones and cameras – must be in good working condition) and jewellery.
- Buy merchandise – We sell cards, lottery tickets, merchandise and more.
Please do get in touch if you (or your organisation / business) would like to support our work.