Silver Island is ICA’s older people’s project. It provides support to residents aged 50+ across Portland and Wyke Regis and has helped over 1,306 individuals (over 27% of older adults) since its launch in 2016.
The activities and services provided through Silver Island include:
- Benefits Surgery (with AgeUK)
- Legal Advice (with Pengillys Solicitors).
- At Home support…
- Befriending (face-to-face and telephone)
- Dog walking
- Community-based activities…
- Chesil Art (ChAt)
- Cinema Club
- Exercise classes…
- Get Together Club (gentle seated exercise)
- Osteocise (mid-range)
- Fit+ (advanced).
- Lunch clubs…
- The Dining Room
- The Sunday Club
- Monthly lunch outings.
- Prize bingo and quizzes
- Singing groups…
- Community Crooners
- Forget-Me-Not-Songsters (Dementia friendly).
- Transport (cars and disabled access minibus)
- Good Neighbour Scheme (small jobs).
Between September 2019 and March 2020, Silver Island delivered 8,858 service and activity interactions with clients.
In addition, ICA dealt with 3,808 separate Silver Island specific enquiries and advice sessions from clients, families, carers and external organisations (e.g. GP, Adult Social Services and NHS) about potential / future ICA referral care packages and support for clients.
Grand total of 12,666 interactions.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW MIGHT BENEFIT FROM ANY OF SILVER ISLAND’S ACTIVITIES OR SERVICES (OR YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM) PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.
Silver Island is part funded through:
- The National Lottery Community Fund – Reaching Communities
- Hall & Woodhouse – Community Chest