With your help, we can continue providing vital services to those most in need during the current challenges our local community is facing.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- One-off or regular donations – Made via ICA’s Local Giving page.
You can also donate by cash, cheque, bank transfer or standing order (Bank: Lloyds / Account name: ICA Treasurer’s / Account number: 02209394 / Sort code: 30-99-56).
- The Giving Lottery – A UK wide (online) lottery. £1 per entry (40p goes to ICA), weekly draws and a 1 in 50 chance of winning a prize. Top weekly prize of £25,000. Taking part couldn’t be easier – go to ICA’s GivingLottery page (once there, click on the ‘Buy tickets’ button and follow the instructions on screen).
- The ICA Lottery – A Portland based (ticketed) lottery. £1 a ticket (40p goes to ICA), quarterly draws. Prize pot varies depending on the number of tickets sold. Tickets available from the ICA office or Cards & Celebrations, The Easton Centre.
- Amazon Smile – A great way to support ICA each time you shop at Amazon. Go to AmazonSmile, sign in with your regular Amazon credentials, choose a charitable organisation to receive your donations (search for and select Island Community Action, Portland) and start shopping. You will need to go through AmazonSmile each time you shop, but you can add a bookmark to make it easier.
- Legacy gifts – Made via your will. Gifts can range from direct donations instead of flowers at your funeral to a specified sum of money, a % of your entire estate or a particular item.
- Sponsorship – Business sponsors will be credited via our PR & Marketing.
- Do a sponsored fundraising event – From bake sales to marathons, there are hundreds of activities you could run or take part in to raise vital funds for ICA’s work.
- Donate prizes – From unwanted gifts and free experiences to trips, treatments and pieces of art, your donations can be used in our raffles and at our annual Auction of Promises. Prizes must be in excellent condition.
- Declutter – Had a clear out and discovered some hidden gems? We would welcome a portion of the sale price. We also welcome old mobile phones and jewellery.
- Buy merchandise – We sell cards, lottery tickets, merchandise and more.
Please do get in touch if you (or your organisation / business) would like to support our work.