ICA covers its running costs (and the cost of its services) through a mix of grant funding, donations, local giving, legacy gifts and fundraising events.
The following is a list of grant funders who have provided contributions towards our key projects over the 2019-2020 period:
- The National Lottery Community Fund – Reaching Communities –
A five-year grant (2016-2021) part funding Silver Island (our older people’s project)
- #iWill – for Portland 4 The Planet: Youth Project, a climate change and environmental initiative in collaboration with Portland 4 The Planet and Atlantic Academy (through the Dorset Community Foundation)
- Dorset Council – Community Impact Fund – Contributing towards Portland’s Man Shed and our COVID-19 support offer
- Hall and Woodhouse Community Chest – towards our dementia friendly Forget-Me-Not Songsters choir.
- Local Neighbourhood Fund – towards our exercise classes for older residents (through the Dorset Community Foundation)
- Pengillys Solicitors – monthly contributions toward Silver Island and sponsorship of our Nothe of the Living Dead event
- The Portland Community Bingo team – towards our Silver Island Befriending service
- Portland Court Leet – towards our Senior’s Christmas lunch and COVID-19 support offer
- Portland Port – towards Silver Island
- Rotary Club of the Island and Royal Manor of Portland – towards Silver Island and our COVID-19 support offer.
We have also gratefully received donations from the following organisations towards our COVID-19 support offer:
- Billy Winters
- Dorset Community Foundation
- Fellowship on the Rock
- Local Giving – Magic Little Grants
- Portland Town Council
- Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks
- Tesco Bags of Help
- The Valentine Charitable Trust.