ICA covers its running costs (and the cost of its services) through a mix of grant funding, donations, local giving, legacy gifts and fundraising events.
Our current grants come from:
- The National Lottery Community Fund – Reaching Communities
A five-year grant (2016-2021) supporting Silver Island (our older people’s project)
- #iWill (through the Dorset Community Foundation for Portland 4 The Planet – Youth Project, a climate change and environmental initiative in collaboration with Portland 4 The Planet and Atlantic Academy)
- Local Neighbourhood Fund (through the Dorset Community Foundation towards our exercise classes for older residents)
- Mars goodnessKNOWS (through the Dorset Community Foundation)
- The Co-op – Local Community Fund
- Dorset Council – Community Impact Fund
- Hall and Woodhouse Community Chest (towards our dementia friendly Forget-Me-Not Songsters choir).
NB: 4-6 and supports Portland’s Man Shed
During 2019-20, we also gratefully received donations from:
- The Alice Ellen Cooper-Dean Charitable Foundation (core costs contribution)
- The Valentine Charitable Trust (core costs contribution)
- Pengillys Solicitors (monthly contributions and sponsorship of our Nothe of the Living Dead collaboration with Nothe Fort)
- The Portland Community Bingo team (towards our Silver Island Befriending service)
- Portland Court Leet (towards our Senior’s Christmas lunch)
- Portland Port (towards Silver Island)
- The Rotary Club of the Island and Royal Manor of Portland (towards Silver Island).