ICA covers its running costs (and the cost of its services) through a mix of grant funding, donations, local giving, legacy gifts and fundraising events.
We are grateful to have benefitted from the following support during the 2020-2021 financial period:
- For Helping Hands – ICA’s support offer for older people and those impacted by disability and / or serious, life-limiting or terminal illness…
- The Co-op Local Community Fund
- Hall & Woodhouse.
- For Growing Local – Food, growing and the environment…
- The National Lottery Community Fund: Reaching Communities
- Portland Council
- The Dorset Community Foundation – Wessex Water Environment Fund
- The Valentine Trust.
- For additional projects…
- The Alice Ellen Cooper-Dean Charitable Foundation – core cost
- Dorset Council – for ICA’s Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) summer sessions
- Portland Court Leet – core costs
- The Rotary Club of Island & Royal Manor of Portland – digital screen.
NON-GRANT DONATIONS & FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
In addition to ICA’s successful grant applications, the charity works hard to raise income through its own fundraising activities. We are also incredibly grateful to have benefited from a range of donations from local Portland residents.