ICA covers its running costs (and the cost of its services) through a mix of grant funding, donations, local giving, legacy gifts and fundraising events.
Our current grants come from:
- The National Lottery Community Fund – Reaching Communities
A five-year grant (2016-2021) supporting the delivery of Silver Island (our older people’s project)
- The National Lottery Community Fund – Awards for All
- The Co-op Local Community Fund
- Mars goodnessKNOWS (through the Dorset Community Foundation).
NB: 2-4 support Portland’s Man Shed
During 2018-19, we have also gratefully received donations from:
- The Alice Ellen Cooper-Dean Charitable Foundation (core costs contribution)
- The Valentine Charitable Trust (core costs contribution)
- Pengillys Solicitors (monthly contributions and sponsorship of our Nothe of the Living Dead collaboration with Nothe Fort)
- Portland Court Leet (towards our Senior’s Christmas lunch)
- The Portland Community Bingo team (towards our Silver Island Befriending service)
- The Rotary Club of the Island and Royal Manor of Portland (towards Silver Island).