Island Community Action (ICA) is a local charity based on Portland, Dorset. Since 1999 we have been helping local communities through services and activities that achieve one or more of the following goals:
- Tackle deprivation and improve mental, physical and social wellbeing, including reducing isolation and loneliness.
- Support people to live happier, healthier and more independent lives.
- Increase life chances and quality of life through ‘hands on’ experiences, learning and training.
- Support those wishing to volunteer or offer volunteer roles.
- Inspire and support collaborative working.
- Support local residents, groups and organisations to create and deliver their own community-based solutions.
- Showcase and support local initiatives and activities that promote, improve and protect the local area, its community, culture, economy, health, heritage and natural environment.
- Contribute towards local regeneration.
ICA works across Portland (population 12,844) and nearby Wyke Regis (population 5,571).