Island Community Action (ICA) is a local charity based on Portland, Dorset. Since 1999 we have been helping local communities through services and activities that achieve one or more of the following goals:
Through our projects we aim to help:
- Improve health and wellbeing, including reducing isolation and loneliness.
- Support people to live happier, more independent and socially connected lives for longer.
- Increase life chances and quality of life through ‘hands on’ experiences, learning and training.
- Increase the number of local volunteers, helping to create a more cohesive, fulfilled and engaged community.
- Support local residents, groups and organisations to create and deliver their own community-based solutions.
- Inspire and support collaborative working in order to share best practice and resources, reduce costs and co-create more robust, people-centered and sustainable solutions.
- Showcase and support local initiatives and activities that promote, improve and protect the local area, its community, culture, economy, health, heritage and natural environment.
- Contribute towards local regeneration.
ICA works across Portland (population 12,844) and nearby Wyke Regis (population 5,571).